Saturday 20 June 2009

Welcome to Welling School Maths Team





























Welcome to Welling School Maths Department and our first posting on Post-it. We would like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves to the whole school staff. So, here's the 'Who's who of the Maths Department':

Mr Tongue
Head of Maths Faculty
Form Tutor of: 7 Maple
Room: E131
Favourite film: Gladiator
I enjoy teaching Investigations as they bring out pupils' thinking skills and allows them to express themselves mathematically.

Clare Read
Second in Department (Maths)
E35
9 Beech
I enjoy teaching very able students because they want to know 'why?'
Favourite film: Lord of the Rings

Gareth Shadick
Maths KS4 subject leader
Room E139
Tutor of 7 Holly
Favourite film - Shawshank Redemption
I particularly enjoy teaching geometry topics becauseof the opportunities it offers for pupils to discover mathematical rules for themselves.

Mrs. Temi Ogunlana

KS3 coordinator (Maths)
Tutor:9 Poplar
I enjoy seating students in groups because:
It makes it easier to manage resources
I help at least 4 students at a time
I can get round the class more easily and in less time.
Finally I am more likely to do group activities and class discussions if the students are already in groups at the start of the lesson.
Best film: Gladiator

Alison Jolliffe
Maths Teacher

Tutor of 8 Cedar
My room is E132
I enjoy teaching young people skills that they will find useful in life, such as how to work out the tip and split a bill at a restaurant, or how to convert between currencies when they are on holiday.
My favourite film is Moulin Rouge!

Miss M Stegnjaic
Maths Teacher

E138
I enjoy teaching KS3 because they love interactive colorful resources, respond well to rewards and sanctions and are very optimistic learners.
Favourite film: 'Pulp Fiction'

Mr David McGregor
Maths teacher

E133
I enjoy teaching 'switched on' year 7 students, because they enjoy learning, absorb information quickly and bring vitality into the classroom.
Favourite film: 'One Flew Over the Cookoos Nest'

No comments:

Post a Comment